Like fabulous beaches, great golf and unique shops? Then it may be time for a Saugatuck Michigan Vacation!
Saugatuck began as a lumber town and port. Since then it has become a top tourist destination for anyone who wants a Midwest vacation with Lake Michigan and the Big Pavilion.
The Big Pavilion is a large dance hall that brings in all kinds of bands from around the Midwest and has helped to earn it the designation of one of Michigan's "cool cities."
There are lots of great activities in Saugatuck like fabulous beaches, art galleries, the harbor, marinas, scenery, unique shopping, and Mount Baldhead trials for hiking.
There are plenty of places to stay in Saugatuck Michigan. There are bed & breakfasts, motels, resorts, cottages, vacation rentals, and cabins. They really have something for every taste and budget.
However, we would suggest renting a cottage by the water to get the full experience of how amazing this little town can be.
There are also plenty of activities for one to enjoy while on vacation in Saugatuck.
• Oval Beach (One of the top Michigan beach spots around!)
• Fishing charters that will take you and your family out for some fun on the water.
• The Chamber Music Society tends to play music every weekend at a local place for you to enjoy.
• Clearbrook Golf Club and Restaurant is a great place to dine as well as play 18 holes.
• Crane’s Pie Pantry Restaurant and Bakery is known for their homemade food, cider, and fresh fruit. It is not a place to miss while in the area.
• The Art Barn is a place where families can make ceramics, pottery, jewelry, mosaics, fused glass, silk, and wood art.
• Felt Mansion is one of the oldest historical locals in Saugatuck. They have tours every day to look inside the important home.
• Harbor Duck Adventures is a little different than what you might be used to on a tour. The Harbor Duck is a duck boat meaning it has land and sea capabilities. There is a nice awning to protect you from the sun and they tour you around the town as well as on the water.
• The S.S. Keewatin Harbor Village is an old ship that you can take tours of on a daily basis.
• Lakeshore Equestrian Center allows for trail rides, hay rides, lessons, boarding and training of horses. It is a great way to stop walking and let the horse show you around.
• Laketown Golf and Conference Center is a place to play 18 holes as well as practice your game.
Saugatuck is sure to be one of your Michigan vacation favorites!