Looking to visit New Buffalo Michigan? Here is a little history and our top ten ideas for a Michigan vacation getaway to New Buffalo Michigan.
You might just find a hidden treasure when you consider New Buffalo. It has green forests, small sandy beaches on the lakes, and several activities to keep you occupied.
Originally, this was a village started in 1836 that has since become a historical town with unique shops, art galleries, restaurants, and a fantastic beach. You can find this historical town nestled between Benton Harbor and Kalamazoo.
• Unique Shopping. Antique shopping is a huge draw to New Buffalo. They have many antique shops with true treasures in furniture, dishes, and other items you might be looking for. Even if antique shopping isn’t for you they have tons of unique shops to enjoy.
• Water Sports and Activities. In New Buffalo there are plenty of boat rental companies for the tourist. They have speed boats, catamarans, and sail boats for you to enjoy. You can also water ski on the lakes or take out jet skis.
• Golf. Michigan golfing is a very important pastime and it is no different in New Buffalo. There are several courses to take advantage of, even at your casino resort or beach front resort.
• Casinos are also very popular in New Buffalo as they are most elegant and sophisticated than those you might find in other cities.
• St. Mary’s Festival happens every year with a three day event offering carnival rides, food and games.
• Downtown Entertainment. Every Friday and Saturday New Buffalo offers live entertainment downtown.
• On July 4th they have an Independence celebration complete with fireworks over the water.
• The Ship and Shore Music Festival occurs every August offering more live entertainment near the water front.
• The Great Lakes Surf Luau in August is another festival to take advantage of.
• If these last nine are not your perfect idea then you have the Union Pier!
New Buffalo has something for everyone whether you are young or getting up there in years. The town is quaint, yet a perfect place to enjoy a leisurely five to ten days.
New buffalo has condo rentals, resorts, and hotels...so there is a place for everyone to stay.Click here to search for current deals on lodging in the New Buffalo area...
Would you like to see ALL of our Favorite Hotels and Accommodations in Michigan?
... or our visitors' favorite Michigan Bed and Breakfast locations?
....or our top ten Michigan State Park Campgrounds?
...check out the newest Michigan Vacation Rental Homes listed by owners on our site?
...or see more insider tips to other great destinations?