Looking for a great getaway? Why not consider Munising Michigan for your next Michigan vacation?
Munising is all about the outdoors for their activities. Here are our top things to do there:
• Munising Falls: This is a 50 foot group of falls in a valley. There is a short hike to the falls on a well groomed trail. The falls are rich with history and were part of the iron industry in the past. The falls and trail are taken care of by the National Park.
• Sand Point: Sand Point is a great local beach that allows for swimming in the summer, bird watching, and a nice quite place to enjoy all year long. The beach can be reached by Point Marsh Trail. This trail is half a mile long with signs explaining the forest and area you are visiting. You are also close to the Munising Coast Guard Station.
• In Munising you have museums with historical information regarding the area, especially the maritime influence that town has had.
• Miners Castle: This is a picnic area where views of Grand Island and Lake Superior can be had. The area is just above the castle. The castle is not a man made structure. It is actually erosion that created the sandstone cliffs in the style of a castle. Unfortunately you only have an aerial view of the castle because of erosion on the path.
• Miners Beach: A Munising Michigan favorite, this beach is one mile in length giving you views of Lake Superior. You can build sand castles or play in the waves from this location.
• The Pictured Rocks in Munising are the biggest attraction. A tourist can take a Picture Rocks Boat Cruise around the bay in order to see the rocks up close. Erosion has caused the holes and other formations in the rocks. The tours started in 1920 which is just as historical as seeing the rocks.
• Diving is a hit in Munising because of the 12 shipwrecks to explore in the Underwater Preserve. You also have the glass bottom boat tour if you don’t wish to get wet.
• Canoe and Kayak rentals
There is something for every family member to enjoy in Munising!
….or would you like to see more Michigan Beach Vacation Ideas?
Would you like to see all of our Favorite Hotels and Accommodations in Michigan?
... or our visitors' favorite Michigan Bed and Breakfast locations?
....or our top ten Michigan State Park Campgrounds?
...check out the newest Michigan Vacation Rental Homes listed by owners on our site?
...or check out our Michigan Getaway Guide to favorite destinations?