Visiting Michigan Museums
Looking for an educational Michigan vacation? Why not visit one of our great Michigan museums?
If you are looking for something to do in Michigan that is fun for the entire family, then you will want to check out some of the fun museums located throughout the state. You can make a day trip out of a visit to a local museum and make it something that the whole family can enjoy.
No matter how old or how young the members of your family are, you can make the trip enjoyable for all.
Below is a list of some of the most fun museums in Michigan that you add to your family’s fun things to-do list.
Top Michigan Museums
- Iron Mountain Iron Mine - Vulcan, Michigan. This is truly an unforgettable experience as you and your family can actually ride on the underground trains while you get to see the miners using some of today's modern equipment. Your entire family will love this thrilling experience as you travel 400 feet underground to see firsthand, how miners do their thing. The total tour is said to be approximately 2600 feet long.
- Ziibiwing Center - Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. This is a Native American museum that helps to educate people of all ages on the way of life for the Great Lakes Native Americans. It pays particular attention to the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe that is in Michigan. This museum is fully loaded, complete with a café, permanent and changing exhibits and can even be used for conferences, as it is equipped with lecture and meeting rooms. Be sure to stop in the gift shop for some wonderful treats of the Native Americans.
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum - Ann Arbor, Michigan. This is a great place for children and adults alike. The name says it all. It is a hands-on museum that lets children as well as adults learn by touching and doing things hands on. You can experiment with their exhibit by turning things off and on, shaping things and even lifting and turning things into new and exciting creations. One of the best Michigan museums to allow anyone to learn about science from a whole new perspective.
- Motorsports Hall of Fame - Novi Expo Center - Novi, Michigan. This is a must see for motorsports fans of all ages. The Motorsports Hall of Fame is loaded with more than 100 exhibits for your viewing pleasure and entertainment. No matter if you love water speed racers or you're a land lover of the fast cars, this will have something for you. They proudly display the "Heroes of Horsepower" for all to enjoy.
- Fort Wilkins Historic Complex - Copper Harbor, Michigan. This is a unique place as it lets its visitors live through the eyes of the military as well as the families of the soldiers. They have some detailed exhibits complete with a total of 19 completely restored building that will allow you and your family to see what it was like during some of the hardest times this country has gone though. They even offer camping as well as picnic areas for you and your loved ones.
- Henry Ford Museum - Dearborn, Michigan. If you have a love for transportation then this is one of the best Michigan museums for you. This will give you the history of how transportation came about and shows you how it exactly evolved to what it is today. You can look closely at such things as how manufacturing transportation items has changed throughout the years. Truly a learning experience for all to experience.
- Detroit Science Center - Detroit, Michigan. Of all the Michigan museums, there is no better experience of science then a trip to a planetarium. With the wonderful digital IMAX Theater, you will feel like you are right in the center of things.
- Michigan Space & Science Center - Jackson, Michigan. If you or someone in your family has a love for science then this is the museum for you and your family. This place is home to such intricate displaces as well as space artifacts and it is said that the value of all of this totals well over $30 million. These great artifacts and displays come from none other than the National Air & Space Museum and NASA. If you like to live large then you will love the 83 foot tall Mercury Redstone that is sitting right in front of the museum.
- The Talbert and Leota Abrams Planetarium – Located at Michigan State University campus. Lansing, Michigan. Yet another spectacular planetarium in the beautiful state of Michigan. This one offers such things as elaborate 3-D simulations and a beautiful black light exorbitant art gallery. They also offer their visitors a wonderful gift shop complete with a bookstore. They are also very proud of the fact that they have the world’s only planetarium projector called Digistar, which is based on computer-graphics.
Educational Michigan Museums
Visiting Michigan is a wonderful and educational experience and you can add to your fun and entertaining vacation by visiting one of the above-mentioned Michigan museums. There are so many to choose from so you can be sure to find something that will be good for everyone in your family.
Each offers plenty of new and exciting things for kids and many make it a hands-on experience so they will be sure to have the best learning experience ever. So, pack up the kids, hit the road, and find something new and exciting to explore in Michigan.
Where Would You Like to Go Next?
Would you like to see ALL of our Favorite Hotels and Accommodations in Michigan?
... or our visitors' favorite Michigan Bed and Breakfast locations?
....or our top ten Michigan State Park Campgrounds?
...check out the newest Michigan Vacation Rental Homes listed by owners on our site?
...or see more insider tips to great Michigan destinations?
...or see see the top 5 romantic Michigan destinations?
Return from Great Michigan Museums to
Michigan Vacation Destination Home Page
Popular Pages and Places: