Iron Mountain Michigan Things to Do
(Iron Mountain, Michigan)
Visitor Suggestion: Iron Mountain Michigan offers a lot of outdoor recreation, sports entertainment, and a variety of cultural activities from museums to theater and musical festivals.
There are many, many things to do in Iron Mountain, but following are my top five favorites:
1. In winter, hit the cross country ski trails or take the family sledding in the city park. This is one of the safest sledding environments found anywhere with lighted stairways to make it easy for the littlest of your bunch.
2. Tour the many art shows that are displayed at different locations in the city throughout the year. Look online for display details and schedules if you are an art fanatic like me!
3. Try your skills at horseback riding. You don't have to be a natural with horses to enjoy this relaxing pastime. Older children will also enjoy learning to ride, especially if you live in a city where horses are rarely seen.
4. Venture out to Nicolet National Forest for a brisk hike followed by a picnic in the trees. You can find a trial suitable for beginners and families or get adventurous and head out for a day of serious hiking and exploring.
5. Hit up City Park year round for a variety of sporting opportunities. Get the entire family out for some activity and then settle under the trees for a relaxing lunch.
Come "UP" and visit me!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Michigan Things to Do Tips.
Popular Pages and Places: