Harbor Springs Michigan is an quaint resort town that provides a perfect a vacation getaway spot with around the clock care for its visitors.
Harbor Springs began about a century ago with clear water and the harbor for boating fun. Today you can find many things like boating, fishing, golfing, tennis, and much more. Harbor Springs is also a top destination for the wintertime for ski Resorts.
Other areas around Harbor Springs to visit on your vacation can include Petoskey, Charlevoix, and Mackinaw Island...which are close by.
Harbor Springs Michigan has several annual events that we will mention as well as other things to do. Harbor Springs is located on Traverse Bay with surrounding greenery to make it a picture perfect vacation.
• Chili Cookoff- this festival is in June when a variety of individuals come out to test their skill at making chili.
• 4th of July- this is an annual Independence Day celebration with fireworks over the bay and several boats in the harbor for parties.
• Art Show- artists from all over including local artists will show off their work.
• Wine Festival- if you love wine then this is the time to visit Harbor Springs. You can enjoy locally made wine as well as wine from around the world.
• Street Music Festival- The street festival ropes off the downtown district to help you enjoy music from the world as well as local musicians.
• Taste of Harbor Springs- Each year there is a festival held for the visitors and locals to try samples from the restaurants in the area. The restaurants charge a small fee to serve their specialty items.
• Harbor Harvest Festival- the harvest festival is to honor the farming industry with showing off their crops for the year along with rides, music, and food for everyone to enjoy.
• Ski during the winter. The ski resorts are not as busy as places like Colorado, which means you get to ski more runs on some prime snow.
• Summer boating! You can rent a variety of styles for boats such as sailing, fishing, and even water skiing.
• Boutique Shopping. You will love all the specialty shops!
• Harbor Springs golf is also a favorite vacation pastime. For a list of Harbor Springs golf courses, click here.
For more ideas in Harbor Springs Michigan, visit the Harbor Springs Chamber of Commerce.
Would you like to see all of our Favorite Hotels and Accommodations in Michigan?
... or our visitors' favorite Michigan Bed and Breakfast locations?
....or our top ten Michigan State Park Campgrounds?
...check out the newest Michigan Vacation Rental Homes listed by owners on our site?
...or see insider tips to great Michigan destinations?